Privacy and Security Notice
- DTS HelpDesk
The Defense Travel System HomePage is provided as a public service by the Program Management Office - Defense Travel System (PMO-DTS).
- Information presented on the Defense Travel System HomePage is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, client information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. DTS collects anonymous Web site traffic data, such as visitor IP addresses, visitor clickstream paths through the DTS web site, the Website that referred visitors to our Website and so on. This information is used to analyze the traffic to the DTS website to enable us to improve the content and usability of the DTS website.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the DTS Webmaster.
- Cookie Disclaimer: The publicly accessible Defense Travel System HomePage does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. The Defense Travel System HomePage may use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, in order to make the site easier for you to use and to allow statistical analysis of traffic as indicated above. No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept, and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you may need to enter the same information repeatedly. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable cookies.
- While the public DTS home page does not use any persistent cookies, the DTS application, which is accessible only to authorized, authenticated DTS users, does use persistent cookies to track individual visitors and to count new, unique and repeat visitors. The cookie file resides on your computer and is sent via your browser when requesting pages from . Your IP/Internet address and cookie do not identify you personally and can only be linked to your personal information if you provide this information by filling out DTS personal information web pages on the private DTS web site (i.e., within the DTS application). As stated previously, DTS uses these cookies only to track individual visitors and to count new, unique and repeat visitors, not for sending and receiving private information, as is evident in the sample cookie below:
- The data in the cookie contains no personal information and does not require safeguarding. If you do not wish to receive cookies, it is possible to configure your browser to reject them. They can also be removed by deleting your browser’s “temporary internet files".
- DTS is a System of Records and as such has a System of Record notice published in the Federal Registry. A copy may be found at http://dpclo.defense.gov/Privacy.aspx
Unsubscribing from Email Updates
DefenseTravel.osd.mil values your privacy. Therefore, to unsubscribe from our email newsletters we require that you follow the link included at the bottom of the emails that you receive. This link will bring you to a page where you can check and uncheck the boxes next to the sections to which you are currently subscribed. Performing the unsubscribe in this manner ensures that no one who knows your email address can unsubscribe you from the updates that you wish to receive.